Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cairo Board of Education regular monthly meetings (Read 2894 times)
carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Cairo Board of Education regular monthly meetings
Jan 16th, 2008 at 3:03pm

CAT Tracks for January 14, 2008
REGULAR BOE MEETING - AGENDA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cairo Board of Education will hold its regular monthly meeting on Thursday, January 17, 2008, at 6:00 p.m. Below is the agenda...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

CAT Tracks for December 20, 2007
REGULAR BOE MEETING - MINUTES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cairo Board of Education held its regular monthly meeting on Thursday, December 20, 2007, at 6:00 p.m. Below is an annotated agenda to serve as minutes...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Re: Cairo Board of Education regular monthly meeti
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2008 at 5:28pm

Excerpt from Cattracks, which every citizen should be on the email list of:

As I told the mediator yesterday, the District can readily and eagerly spend over $20,000 in ONE MONTH to their legal firm to fight James Gibson et al, but then claim they don't have any money to pay him for disrupting his life...FOR YEARS! Yes, they CAN do it, but don't expect us to buy it!

Quit paying lawyers and pay the people who have been wronged by (former) agents of the District. Quit paying to clean up their messes and pay the damage they caused on your behalf. Quit paying lawyers...THEN you will have money!!!

The District paid two attorneys yesterday for an 8-hour day along with driving time, meals, and possibly motel rooms...all to make an insulting offer that could have been turned down over the telephone. Of course, from what I understand, THAT was an improvement over last time. Last time they didn't even make an offer...just paid the attorney!

Guess we all know where the priorities of Cairo School District Number One lie...and it ain't with you!

Full story here:

IP Logged

New Cairoite
Ex Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2008 at 5:47pm

Thanks for posting this. I haven't checked the site lately. I take it the election of some new members to the board last year didn't do any good.

IP Logged

dragon in hiding
YaBB Newbies

digging up bones!

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 9:57am

If you really want to find out how the school board and education system is doing in Cairo (or anywhere else in the U.S.) go to schoolmatters.com and see what the rest of the world knows about the school system in Cairo. This site is where prospective employers of students can go to see how will the school is doing, thereby what kind of education the prospective employ has recieved.

IP Logged

New Cairoite
Ex Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 11:57am

Thanks for coming out!

IP Logged

New Cairoite
Ex Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2008 at 2:08pm

There is a special school board meeting:

CAT Tracks for March 24, 2008
SPECIAL BOE MEETING - AGENDA

For those of you wondering...

This meeting is for the BOE to "talk about negotiations"...to finalize their "list of issues to negotiate". The meeting is NOT for the purpose of negotiating with CAT. THAT will most likely commence in April.

I guess most of it will be behind closed doors, but.............

We do need for the board members to attend the class Carla mentioned. I talked to a board membertoday and they didn't think they had to give us any info on the superintendent, not even his wage. Not true!! That is definitely public record.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print