Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Apology to School Board?? (Read 1969 times)
New Cairoite
Ex Member

I love Cairo!

Apology to School Board??
Mar 25th, 2008 at 9:27pm

I have spent several days on the phone and on the internet checking out the candidate pool for superintendent. Since Carla told me Steven Wallick withdrew, I stopped checking on him.

I have to admit I don't think you had the best pool of candidates from which to choose and I can understand how you chose Dr. Swopes.

However, I do think before he is offered a multi-year contract, we need to know under what circumstances he left his superintendent's job in 2002(?) since it looks like he left mid-contract and took a much lower paying position and at least one, if not more, of his contracts the last 5 years were not renewed.

I am glad I am not in your shoes!

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Re: Apology to School Board??
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 9:47pm

If it doesn't work out with Swopes, why not groom Ms. Houston, at Emerson, or Ms. Pickett, at Bennett, for the position? Both have proven track records. Assuming they would be interested.

Why look outside the district when we have success stories within the district already?

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Re: Apology to School Board??
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 4:38pm

bump

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print