Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need Info on the STONE Family, Please! (Read 1414 times)
kmte1523
YaBB Newbies

I love Cairo!

Need Info on the STONE Family, Please!
Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:44am

Good evening everybody!  Someone told me to this forum for information on some family history.  I've really gotten into digging through family history lately, but I don't know much about my Grandmother's family.  She was placed in an orphanage when she was small.  She was a Stone.  I had always been told that either her mother passed away or simply left (not sure which) and she was with her father, then when he could no longer care for her, some family took her to the orphanage.  I've also been told her mother was Native American (not sure if it's full or just partial).  My grandmother's birth name was Katrina Hope Stone, and I've heard a couple of different times that she had a twin who was stillborn.  I know that back in the 1970's she tracked down her birth certificate and some of her family (all from Cairo and the LBL area) and was able to meet them.  I also have pictures I would love to have identified if anyone knows of this family.  I'll post this on a couple of different threads on this forum.  Thanks for any help in advance.

IP Logged

Lewis
YaBB Newbies

I love Cairo!

Newnan, Ga.
Re: Need Info on the STONE Family, Please!
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 9:12am

Hello, maybe I can be of some help. My mother was a Stone and came from a very large family. She was born in Deihlstadt, Mo, and lived there and in Cairo.  Do you know names of any of the family. I still have a cousin in Cairo, Albert L. Stone Jr. He is currently in a rest home now.......If I can be of any help, I would be more than glad to, I have a pretty good family tree of the Stone family going back quite a few years back to the mid 1860's.

Lewis Stone Cramer
Newnan, Ga.

kmte1523 wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:44am:
Good evening everybody!  Someone told me to this forum for information on some family history.  I've really gotten into digging through family history lately, but I don't know much about my Grandmother's family.  She was placed in an orphanage when she was small.  She was a Stone.  I had always been told that either her mother passed away or simply left (not sure which) and she was with her father, then when he could no longer care for her, some family took her to the orphanage.  I've also been told her mother was Native American (not sure if it's full or just partial).  My grandmother's birth name was Katrina Hope Stone, and I've heard a couple of different times that she had a twin who was stillborn.  I know that back in the 1970's she tracked down her birth certificate and some of her family (all from Cairo and the LBL area) and was able to meet them.  I also have pictures I would love to have identified if anyone knows of this family.  I'll post this on a couple of different threads on this forum.  Thanks for any help in advance.  

IP Logged

LunaLady

I love Cairo!

Re: Need Info on the STONE Family, Please!
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 6:07pm

Lewis wrote on Dec 20th, 2008 at 9:12am:
Hello, maybe I can be of some help. My mother was a Stone and came from a very large family. She was born in Deihlstadt, Mo, and lived there and in Cairo.  Do you know names of any of the family. I still have a cousin in Cairo, Albert L. Stone Jr. He is currently in a rest home now.......If I can be of any help, I would be more than glad to, I have a pretty good family tree of the Stone family going back quite a few years back to the mid 1860's.

Lewis Stone Cramer
Newnan, Ga.

Wow!   Lewis I sent you a PM before I saw this.   I have my family tree to pass on to my children, but would love to have a copy of the Stone Family Tree. Would it be possible?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print