Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What about the Teachers? (Read 8033 times)
Medic Ron
God Member

Mayor of Stoogeland

New Albany, Indiana
Re: What about the Teachers?
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2008 at 7:51pm

Well alrighty then Cool

All bleeding stops...eventually.
WWW medic6613  
IP Logged

oldcairoite

I love Cairo!

Olive Branch, IL
Re: What about the Teachers?
Reply #16 - May 12th, 2008 at 11:00am

To start off , I have no problem with the teachers. I know very little about them or their qualifications. I have attend a few functions at Cairo High, There is no discipline at all. The trouble makers are in charge - no doubt. That is why I have never moved back to Cairo. I still have one child in school and I choose not to submit him to an atmosphere that is in no way condusive to learning.  In the 60's and early 70's the main reason that parent left Cairo was the trouble in the schools. Not trying to blame one side or the other , the race issue hurt Cairo badly then. Now so many decent people have moved away . the child with parents who really expect an education for their child are the minority.  Most parents use the schools as a part time babysitter. HeadStart even takes kid from birth who's mothers SUPPOSEDLY work. I believe Cairo's main problem was create by too much government aid and also by years of poor schools. Cairo school need people in charge that will actually take charge. This would , in my opinion , be a great first step towards moving up the ladder and stopping the slide down to rock bottom.

Set your goals low. That way you'll never disappoint your boss.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print