Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drug dog to visit the high school? (Read 4719 times)
carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Drug dog to visit the high school?
Apr 12th, 2008 at 4:18pm

It's my understanding that kids are smoking weed at the high school during school hours. Usually in the locker rooms.

Who is supposed to be bringing the drug dog there? I asked my kids if the dog has ever been there and they said no...not that they are aware of.

It makes the kids aware that nobody gives a **** about them when they know other schools crack down on that type of behavior.

IP Logged

still_here
God Member

I love Cairo!

Re: Drug dog to visit the high school?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 4:22pm

Why have a drug dog if he never is used?  I often have thought they should walk around the car washers & conventience store with them.  Any where there is a group of people, if they scatter you know to follow and see were they go.

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 7:08pm

I saw it in use once, but he wasn't searching for anything. Just at a scene where several people had been told to sit on a curb. You're right, though. We don't even know if the dog is any good at searches.

But that reminds me, why isn't the school doing locker inspections? You'd think they'd do them once or twice a year. Unannounced, of course.

IP Logged

still_here
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 12:40pm

I thought they were doing random drug testing of any one playing sports & if caught they would be out so many games.  What happened to zero drug tolerance?

IP Logged

Sancho Panza
YaBB Newbies

Let It Be

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 7:09am

"Puppy" doesn't visit often, but was there within the past two weeks.  Never heard if anything was found.

IP Logged

freeloader
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:25pm

And, you probably won't.... at least officially, its the usual case of... if you don't hear about it then it doesn't exist.  No matter what is found or not.  Or, if you want to be super clean... then just tell a couple of kids we are going to have locker inspections next tuesday .   Wink Wink

IP Logged

redboy

I love Cairo!

cairo illinois
Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 10:38am

When I lived in the south, Police down there did random searches in the school, on the parking lot, and even in the cars. NO ONE was told when it happened. I asked why we couldn't do that here several years ago and was told it would have to go by the school board first.  Well, there goes the element of suprise! I don't think K-9 has a car anymore.

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Reply #7 - May 10th, 2008 at 8:20pm

Right after I posted that, at least one kid was caught smoking cigs in the locker room. They gotta keep at it.

I heard about a kid dealing at school a week or so ago. And he's been dealing at the school for a long time. I'll try to remember who told me. The kid's parent(s) is well connected, if I remember correctly.

IP Logged

still_here
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #8 - May 11th, 2008 at 3:56am

Dealing on school property ups how many years they get when caught.  Just takes one going to prison to send a message that the school is serious about a safe environment for the students.  A kid with parents that are well connected would be even a bigger feather in their hat to catch.

IP Logged

carla
God Member

Cairo...America's most
fascinating city.

Cairo, Illinois
Reply #9 - May 11th, 2008 at 10:40pm

>>>>A kid with parents that are well connected would be even a bigger feather in their hat to catch.

But so many are related to each other here. That's a serious problem in Cairo. Everyone covering for their aunt, uncle, cousin, niece, nephew, etc. Few are held accountable for shoddy work nor criminal activity.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print