Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hot Sauce (Read 7764 times)
deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Re: Hot Sauce
Reply #30 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 11:21pm

To tell ya the truth, the last time I was there was around 1982-83.  That would have been the new one, right?  Wasn't the old one across the road or something? Two-story?  I can see it in my mind....

IP Logged

Geoff W

Cairo Shall Rise Again!

Massac Counuty, IL
Reply #31 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:08pm

deckhand wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:01pm:
[quote author=406E7767556D6E64333733020 link=1213122612/15#24 date=1217980970]I loved Shoe's chili...especially on a nippy fall afternoon.

It's so nice to have you back on the board, Geoff.  You answer my questions!  Thanks.  Smiley

Thanks, Deckhand!  My wife and I were all over the place the last 5-6 weeks; Duluth, Mn. for a conference (Very nice!  Cool, too.), S. Illinois, Medic & Dragonfly came over to visit for a day, saw Peabody and my sis Ladybug as well as the rest of the family; Alabama with oldest daughter, etc.  Got home Monday afternoon.  We did about 5,000 miles in 5 weeks.  Whew!  The only place we had internet service was at out hotel in Duluth, too busy there to do anything other than to lurk about a few minutes each evening to check out what goofiness and trouble Medic, Peabody and Ice-P were getting into.   Cheesy  Shocked  Cheesy

I forgot about the chili and tamales at Shoe's.  Both were excellent. 

"The excellence of every government is its adaptation to the state of those to be governed by it."-Thomas Jefferson 1816&&
WWW bluwolf151  
IP Logged

deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #32 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Geoff W wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:08pm:
deckhand wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:01pm:
[quote author=406E7767556D6E64333733020 link=1213122612/15#24 date=1217980970]I loved Shoe's chili...especially on a nippy fall afternoon.

It's so nice to have you back on the board, Geoff.  You answer my questions!  Thanks.  Smiley

Thanks, Deckhand!  My wife and I were all over the place the last 5-6 weeks; Duluth, Mn. for a conference (Very nice!  Cool, too.), S. Illinois, Medic & Dragonfly came over to visit for a day, saw Peabody and my sis Ladybug as well as the rest of the family; Alabama with oldest daughter, etc.  Got home Monday afternoon.  We did about 5,000 miles in 5 weeks.  Whew!  The only place we had internet service was at out hotel in Duluth, too busy there to do anything other than to lurk about a few minutes each evening to check out what goofiness and trouble Medic, Peabody and Ice-P were getting into.   Cheesy  Shocked  Cheesy

I forgot about the chili and tamales at Shoe's.  Both were excellent.  

You're very welcome.  It's nice to hear you visited Michigan and Southern Illinois, Cairo especially.  I'm hoping to get up there myself sometime soon.  There's so much to see here in the good ol' US, I wonder why people ever want to travel aboard.

I forgot about those tamales!  No bowl of chili was complete without 'em. Smiley

IP Logged

LunaLady

I love Cairo!

Reply #33 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 2:06pm

deckhand wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 11:21pm:
To tell ya the truth, the last time I was there was around 1982-83.  That would have been the new one, right?  Wasn't the old one across the road or something? Two-story?  I can see it in my mind....

I think  80 was about the time the new one was built....if not sooner.   Yes, the old one was at a wye in the road, was two story and had a big front porch across the width of the building.

IP Logged

Longone
YaBB Newbies

I love Cairo!

Superman City
Reply #34 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 8:21am

I've never been to the new one but I remember alot of great times at the old one. Loved the turkey shoots and the steak nights Do they still do that?

IP Logged

LunaLady

I love Cairo!

Reply #35 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:28pm

Longone wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 8:21am:
I've never been to the new one but I remember alot of great times at the old one. Loved the turkey shoots and the steak nights Do they still do that?

I had a chance to ask someone in Olive Branch today.  She said she thinks that the regular Friday steak nights are a thing of the past but that they do have a good sized feed from time to time.  She wasn't sure whether it was just for members or not..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print