Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
It's Spring Time
  The Forum recently upgraded software.  Had some files not transfer nicely; so, was some minor issues.  Hopefully its back to some normalcy.  Problems , let us know.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Stepford Gate? (Read 16068 times)
deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Stepford Gate?
Jun 11th, 2008 at 7:16pm

Where'd everyone go?

I see the crew still logs on (with the exception of New Cairoite and Carla) --but no one has posted anything since yesterday.  Can it be true-- that without Carla there are NO forums?  Where's our moderator, Madasher, and her input?  I've posed a couple of legitimate questions lately and no one has even ventured a guess of an answer.  What's up with that?  It's strange...

So this is the Cairo Gate? Just a site for private messages, ripe with rumors, gossip, innuendo, and not a site with positive and diverse input on improving our city, our state, our country, our way of thinking.  I'm saddened.

And ticked off.  I had hoped for more.  Tell me that this apathy, distrust, infighting, and jealousy doesn't reflect on Cairo!

IP Logged

Geoff W

Cairo Shall Rise Again!

Massac Counuty, IL
Re: Stepford Gate?
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 8:37pm

Deckhand, Cairogate is all of those things you mention.  Occasionally we go through short spurts of inactivity.  This thing seems to have a life all its own.  I think people just get burned out from time to time, or just spend too much time on here and need a break in order to get other things accomplished. 

As you believe, so do I, that Cairogate is a very important communication tool to discuss the future, and past, of our beloved Cairo.  Be it one's hometown or newly adopted domicile.  Try to look past the silliness that goes on and see the value of the serious discussions.  I believe that the discussion here accomplish more than any of us can know. 

The frivolity is cathartic and the serious discussions brain food.   Wink

I have to thank Carla for starting Cairogate and Julia for picking up the ball and running with it.  THANKS, LADIES!!!   Smiley

"The excellence of every government is its adaptation to the state of those to be governed by it."-Thomas Jefferson 1816&&
WWW bluwolf151  
IP Logged

Madasher
YaBB Administrator

Don't go with the flow

Southern Illinois
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 12:00am

sorry, did not want to seem that I abandoned you guys.  I have been busier than a one-legged man in  butt kicking contest.

Aurora had her T-ball game tonite, and she got me up at 5 am today, so when I sat on the couch with her before she went to bed, we both fell asleep until about 10:30pm.  I then had to run out and pick up some extra raffle tickets as I ran out, but it seems some of the others have yet to sell one.  Sigh.....  I cannot be a one-man band.

Anyways, Aurora has another T-Ball game tomorrow nite, and then on Friday morning, she has to be at Shawnee college for dress rehearsal.  Then Saturday morning, bright and early, we have to be in Mounds for T-Ball Pictures, and then we have to be back at Shawnee college Saturday evening for her dance recital.

I spent most of the day on the phone arguing with big companies, and I have come to the conclusion that people just do not have any sense in these big companies.  You change one thing and all hell breaks loose, no one can do their job correctly anymore, I guess there is just no pride in the workplace anymore, just punch in and get your check.

The Administrator.  SOMETIMES the only way TO BE HAPPY&&is to annoy other people.&&
IP Logged

deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 12:26am

Geoff W wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 8:37pm:
Deckhand, Cairogate is all of those things you mention.  Occasionally we go through short spurts of inactivity.  This thing seems to have a life all its own.  I think people just get burned out from time to time, or just spend too much time on here and need a break in order to get other things accomplished.  

As you believe, so do I, that Cairogate is a very important communication tool to discuss the future, and past, of our beloved Cairo.  Be it one's hometown or newly adopted domicile.  Try to look past the silliness that goes on and see the value of the serious discussions.  I believe that the discussion here accomplish more than any of us can know.  

The frivolity is cathartic and the serious discussions brain food.   Wink

I have to thank Carla for starting Cairogate and Julia for picking up the ball and running with it.  THANKS, LADIES!!!   Smiley

You've passed on the popcorn tonight--and instead served up a three-course meal. It was delicious!  Thanks!

IP Logged

Medic Ron
God Member

Mayor of Stoogeland

New Albany, Indiana
Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:59am

Cuz.  Your dictionary must be tired.  You as aslway are still full of sh.t Cool

All bleeding stops...eventually.
WWW medic6613  
IP Logged

Geoff W

Cairo Shall Rise Again!

Massac Counuty, IL
Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 10:04am

Medic Ron wrote on Jun 12th, 2008 at 9:59am:
Cuz.  Your dictionary must be tired.  You as aslway are still full of sh.t Cool

Thank you!  It's nice to know that you still care.   Wink

I'll send you your very own dictionary for your next birthday, looks as if you could use it.   Cool

"The excellence of every government is its adaptation to the state of those to be governed by it."-Thomas Jefferson 1816&&
WWW bluwolf151  
IP Logged

Geoff W

Cairo Shall Rise Again!

Massac Counuty, IL
Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 10:18am

Madasher, we knew you were out there somewhere and we were hoping that one of those snakes, giant river rats or sneaky little spiders hadn't drug you off to the levee or down into one of Cairo's tunnels.   Cheesy 

Been busy here too.  Our youngest daughter's summer dance recital is in a week or two.  Last practice was this past Monday.  It's funny that most of our sports seasons are just the opposite of your's.  Baseball just ended last week.  Basketball starts in September and soccer in February.  It's just too dang hot and humid down here in the swamp during the summer for outdoor sports activities for the kiddies. 

Believe me Madasher, when it comes to big companies not knowing what the heck they're doing I think a lot of times that they are just giving us the run around.  In my recent experiences I've found that insurance companies are the absolute worst.  The longer they put you off the more money they make on your account.  I could tell you a couple of really long stories along that line, but afraid my fingers would be bleeding by the end of those tales.  In addition everyone would abandon Cairogate and run down the street clutching their ears and eyes and beating themselves on the head with their house slippers.   Cheesy   Grin  Cheesy

WWW bluwolf151  
IP Logged

oldcairoite

I love Cairo!

Olive Branch, IL
Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:46am

Yeah I've been really busy too. Pushing all those empty beer cans away from my couch is quite a chore. I'm pooped. And I even had to empty my bedpan by myself cause the Mrs was on a beer run. All this work is getting to me.

Set your goals low. That way you'll never disappoint your boss.

IP Logged

Medic Ron
God Member

Mayor of Stoogeland

New Albany, Indiana
Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 2:52pm

At least is wasn't a Peter Pan Shocked Cool

WWW medic6613  
IP Logged

deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 5:36pm

>>>The frivolity is cathartic and the serious discussions brain food.

Geoff, I think you misunderstand me.  I enjoy the joking that goes on between you and the stooges.  It's on par with eating a good old Cairo BBQ, though:  best washed down with a cold Budweiser.

No, it's the "serious discussion" part that has disturbed me.  When I first joined up with the Cairo Gate, I was welcomed aboard by another blogger in a private message--who then proceeded to ask my all sorts of weird questions, such as "Did all the whites leave CHS once Camelot was started," and "What is your opinion of Andy Clark?"
I found those very, very strange welcomings...

Then there was a another blogger who chastised me for defending a Cairo business owner, who I happen to know.  Well, the blogger's reply to my standing up for the dancing teacher was, "Do you EVEN live in Cairo?"  As if that matters.  That's like saying "if you don't live in Iraq, don't comment on the war."  (For the record, I live in the area.)

This is what I'm finding strange about this site.  It's like a private club with some members whose agenda is MORE than the bettterment of Cairo.

Please. Prove me wrong.  And if I am, I'll admit it.

To Madasher--
Your Aurora is a very fortunate child to be given such a well-rounded upbringing.  God bless you!

IP Logged

Medic Ron
God Member

Mayor of Stoogeland

New Albany, Indiana
Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 6:27pm

Well I find fauld in that statement.  It Miller Lite, not Bud.  The Cairo  bbq is good.  I went to Camelot, but I'm not totally sure what a blogger is.  Well, anyway deck guy.  how the hell are ya? Cool

WWW medic6613  
IP Logged

Madasher
YaBB Administrator

Don't go with the flow

Southern Illinois
Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 1:21am

Well, I am at fault I guess that I dont send PM to welcome everyone.  But I really dont feel it is necessary, this board is for everyone.  Yes, there are some that we dont agree with, there are some that we think are downright weird(Medic)j/k

This board is like a true community, I would like to see more people from Cairo on here, I would like to see more lurkers, come on here and express an opinion, join in the discussion.  I try not to inhibit people on here, but occasionally, there can be a disruption, that I might have to step in.

This board is to be a place for people to throw out ideas, open their minds, and if they choose not to, then so be it.  We cannot make everyone think the way we do as we are a very diverse group.  I have never banned a person on here for expressing their thoughts, as the saying goes, I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The one main thing that I ask, if you have an issue with another on this board, take it to PM as it can bring down the attitude of the board.  The best rule is to have fun, open your mind, listen, speak your mind.

Julia

The Administrator.  SOMETIMES the only way TO BE HAPPY&&is to annoy other people.&&
IP Logged

deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 3:08am

Well I would take it to the other member, Madasher, if he/she was still a member.

But the two people to which I am referring are ex member New Cairoite and Carla.

So.  Where do I find them?

IP Logged

Medic Ron
God Member

Mayor of Stoogeland

New Albany, Indiana
Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:27am

Can I really speak my mind?  No more holding back. Cool

WWW medic6613  
IP Logged

deckhand
God Member

I love Cairo!

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 3:29pm

Madasher wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 1:21am:
Well, I am at fault I guess that I dont send PM to welcome everyone.  But I really dont feel it is necessary, this board is for everyone.  Yes, there are some that we dont agree with, there are some that we think are downright weird(Medic)j/k

This board is like a true community, I would like to see more people from Cairo on here, I would like to see more lurkers, come on here and express an opinion, join in the discussion.  I try not to inhibit people on here, but occasionally, there can be a disruption, that I might have to step in.

This board is to be a place for people to throw out ideas, open their minds, and if they choose not to, then so be it.  We cannot make everyone think the way we do as we are a very diverse group.  I have never banned a person on here for expressing their thoughts, as the saying goes, I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The one main thing that I ask, if you have an issue with another on this board, take it to PM as it can bring down the attitude of the board.  The best rule is to have fun, open your mind, listen, speak your mind.

Julia

No Julia, you're not at fault.  Really.  I wasn't expecting a grand welcome when I joined the Cairo Gate.  Believe me, I don't need any ego stroking.

I just felt it odd that the one member who DID welcome me tried to pick my brain about Cairo people and racial incidents, all the while asking at MY identity and never revealing his or hers.  As if I were a member of some vast outside lurking conspiracy.

That's all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print